Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Product review - Biore Moisture Lotion SPF 15

If I think about Biore, the statement: beauty before healt comes to my mind first . I tell you why I think this. Usually people don't really care about what they use for their face, body and hair, but they care about just to look good or pretty. My friend is raving about Biore, she loves it and I still don't understand why...

Biore claims that Biore Moisture Lotion SPF 15 "features moisture-binding ingredients for a nourished look and feel all day. A broad spectrum sunscreen helps guard your face against both UVA and UVB rays without the heaviness of typical sunscreens. With conditioning anitoxidant vitamins A, C, and E, plus natural extracts of wild yellow poppy, rose hip, chamomile and aloe, this lotion helps your skin look and feel soothes, moisturized and nourished."

It doesn't say what skin types it's good for. I am just guessing it's for oily skin, since Biore has products only for "problematic" pores.

I was curious how much scientific rate this product got on Good Guide and the result was surprising. It was even lower than I thought. It got 5.7 out of the 10, because according to Good Guide, "this product contains one or more ingredients that raise a medium level of health concern."

Not a good start, right? This is why I tell everyone do the research before they purchase a product. I know many of you could say: "but it really works for me", so let me asnwer with an example: No matter how tasty, yummy and good the vanilla ice cream is, if I get a stomach ache and/or I will be sick from it. In this case it means, maybe it works for you in a short term, but what will be the effect for the long run?

Ingredients:

Octinoxate, Oxybenzone, Water, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl EstersCaprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Camellia Sinensis, Chelidonium Majus, Rosa Canina , Cocos Nucifera, Withania Somnifera, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Alumina, Polypropylene,    Glyceryl Stearate SE, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ceteareth-20,   Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene GlycolCaprylyl Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Tropolone, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum /Fragrance

My experience with this lotion:

It didn't moisturize my skin and my face was on fire. Literally my face was burning, so I had to wash it off. It is also very greasy. The smell is ok.

My opinion:

The product is too synthetic and there are several harmful ingredients in it, like carcinogenic parabens or retinyl palmitate which is photocarcinogenic and when exposed to light, it can cause tumors and lesions and has been shown to speed up the development of cancer.

I don't know what's the range of the Vitamin C and I don't know its pH formulation either. The funniest thing is that they claim that this lotion contains Wild Yellow Poppy, but I couldn't find it among the ingredients. (The latin name of this herb is Glaucium flavum, or Eschscholzia californica) Please let me know if you found it!

I am not affiliated with the company. These are my opinions which completely honest and based on my own experience and knowledge. My statements are merely mine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...