Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beauty products in the bathroom

What do you have in your bathroom? This question sounds very simple and easy to answer. At first glance.

You would probably start to enumerate: Tooth paste, tooth brush, flat iron, blow dryer, make up, perfume, hairbrush, night cream, day cream, hand soap, deodorant...the list is endless.

But...do you REALLY need all of those things? And why do we use so many beauty products anyways?

There are many reasons. For instance we buy a moisturizer because we saw it in the commercial and it promised us a young look, beautiful glowing skin. Or that girl on Youtube uses it, so it has to be really good. Oh...do I have already 5 other moisturizers? Yes, but doesn't matter, because this one will be the best - now for sure. Does it sound familiar to you?

The same thing will happen with shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, makeups, etc. We realize after months that we actually didn't really use them and they are not even that good. Time to buy something else! And everything will start all over again.

I was a beauty product collector. Literally I had a small drug store in my bathroom and everywhere in the house. Because "I needed it", because "everyone else uses it", because...I am a woman for god sake!

But one day I woke up and I enlightened. Those products in my bathroom are useless, not good for my body nor my health and I don't even use half of them. My skin won't be better just because I have 6 body lotions. Don't even mention about the ingredients of those products.

I realized the human needs are moderate, but the wishes are endless. Time to focus just on my needs.

So I started to radical changes. I stopped dye my hair (I was bleach blonde- and I lost half of my hair), I put my flat iron and blow dryer (heat is very bad for the hair) in a box and put them away, I threw out my makeup, because I don't use them (I didn't find a real natural one), I threw out everything that contained harmful and toxic ingredients and tried to focus on what I really need and actually had real benefits. I switched to natural and organic skin care products not just in my bathroom, but in my kitchen too.

Here is my list of beauty products that I use (I don't write brand names, because I often switch them):

  • Body Wash
  • Body Butter
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Facial Cleanser
  • Moisturizer
  • Deodorant
  • Hand Wash
  • Toothpaste
  • Mouthwash
  • For the summer: sunscreen with SPF 30+
  • Lip balm

List of my household cleaning products

As you can see I don't have hundred beauty and household products. All of them are effective so I don't need other stuffs as an extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...