Saturday, June 30, 2012

Natural house cleaners

I know it's not about skin care, but keep our home clean with the safest way is at least as important. After all the goal is to live healthy and chemical free.

Cleaning products I use

  • Baking soda - acts as a natural abrasive/scouring agent, deodorizer and cleanser and is gentle enough to use on nearly every surface
  • White vinegar - inhibits the growth of bacteria by creating an unfriendly, acidic environment. It's preferred over apple cider vinegar since it won't stain and it's completely non-toxic
  • Hydrogen peroxide - will help remove stains naturally and easily. Always be sure to check for color-fastness before use.

I save lots of money by using just these items. I can get the Baking soda and the Hydrogen peroxide at Dollarama. They are really cheap.

Sink

I usually sprinkle baking soda on the bathroom and kitchen sink, then I spray vinegar on it. It starts to foaming, I let it sit for few minutes, then I wipe it off with a wet cloth. If the stain is stubborn, I scrub it.

Toilet

I do the same thing with the toilet. I pour baking soda in it, then I pour vinegar. I brush it with the toilet brush, then I flush the toilet and it's done.

Don't worry about the vinegar smell, because it evaporates in the air quickly.

Microwave

Fill a bowl with vinegar and place it in the microwave for 5 minutes on high. Then just wipe the stains and food particles off.

Hardwood floors, tile, linoleum, or concrete floors

Fill up a bucket with warm water, then add add one cup of vinegar. You can mop now.

Oven

Put 1/4 cup of baking soda in a bowl and add enough peroxide to make a paste. Rub on with sponge. I swear it cleans very nice the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...