Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Product review: Purepotions Skin Salvation

Purepotions is a natural brand and you can read about the company here.

If you read my blog regularly, then you know I suffer from Atopic eczema. I have actually 2 stubborn patches on my arm and sometimes 1 patch on my face. This type of eczema is a very stuff one and hard to treat, because the reasons are could be severe nutritional deficiency, stress or when too many toxins accumulated in the body. Frankly, I have to change my lifestyle dramatically to eliminate my eczema. Slowly, but surely I'm getting there, but it's not easy. No sugar for me at all, but I can't say no for Nutella. :) Who can?

I got a free sample of Purepotions Skin Salvation.

I love this little glass jar. So cute and practical! If it will be empty, I will keep it for sure. Other companies use this size (30ml) as a travel size, so it's a very nice thing from them to give this size for free.

You can't really use this salve as a body lotion, because it's very thick and it doesn't spread easily. It's more like a treatment, so you should use it just for your dry patches. The smell, the consistency and the color are almost the same like the unrefined shea butter which I really like. The color is yellowish-brown and the smell is strong nutty smell (I'm sure it's the Hemp Seed Oil). I know there will be some people who won't like it, but what would you prefer: a natural smell or a synthetic fragrance?

The ingredients are 100% natural and produced under organic standards. It's not tested on animals, but it's not a vegan product, because it contains beeswax which is secreted through the bees' abdomen. So "hardcore" vegans don't use it because it is made by bees and we all knows bees are animals. Although I love animals, beeswax in a product doesn't bother me.

My experience and thoughts

It really works on dry skin, it moisturizes well, but I think I need more time to see results on my stubborn eczema. I use it just for a week, so I will do an update later if I will see any changes. Unfortunately even when I use unrefined shea butter (which is almost the best cure for eczema), it doesn't help me, but I am sure it's because I have atopic eczema. Hovewer, when I was cleaning the oven and my arm touched the cleaning product somehow, I got a contact eczema on my arm. It was red and I even had blisters. I put the Purepotions Skin Salvation on it and 10 mins later there was no redness at all. I kept using it and the next day my blisters dried out.

But don't forget: Every type of eczema is different and everyone's skin is different. What works for you, doesn't mean it will work for others. Please not that some people's skin becomes used to and immune to products after long term use as well. Also, in most cases natural products need much more time to get results, because they just help the skin to solve the problem itself.

It doesn't absorb quickly and leaves an oily feeling on your skin.

It contains alcohol and Purepotions Skin Care says that: "The alcohol comes from the herbal tinctures used, it is ethanol so comes from natural sources, in this case sugar cane. Most of the alcohol is actually heated off in the cooking process anyway so there is very little left in the finished product, but we have to list it on the ingredients by law as it is in there to start with." According to Miessence, "organic sugar cane alcohol is used to extract herbs and flowers. The percentage of alcohol doesn't approach a concentration that is considered harmful in any way; nor is it drying to the skin. Alcohol carries the plant extracts into the skin and is a natural emulsifier and stabiliser".

This product is suitable for babies, children (my friend uses it for her daughter and she loves it) and adults. All their products are widely available at major retail outlets, health stores and health centers. Or you can buy at: Purepotions.

Summary

This is a very good product. It moisturizes well, perfect for dry skin. I highly recommend it and I will purchase it in the future.

Ingredient list:

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Aqua (Water), Alcohol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...