Sunday, July 15, 2012

Product review - Nexxus Pro-Mend shampoo and conditioner

I have a very dry hair with split ends. I dyed my hair back then (I was blond) and it damaged it very badly. I know the diet plays a big role too, but while I am working on it, I wanted to use something for my hair which also gives a moisture boost for it.

I remember for the big hype about Nexxus. I even saw it in many beauty magazines how amazing it is, and it has a new technology that really works. So I said I have to give it a try.

This new technology called PEC (polyelectrolyte complex). I found this information about it: "PEC molecules are able to access the breach ends of hair. Because the circuitous can stick to the damaged hair protein and to added circuitous molecules, it creates little bridges beyond the accessible ends of the splits. As your hair dries, the water evaporates from the complex causing it to contract. The force of this contraction pulls the end of the split hairs back together again. Once the PECs are dry they bind the split end shut." (Source: Beauty Brains)

It also says that it mends split ends. I was so exciting to try it out, because I didn't want to cut it. I really hoped it will repair my damaged hair and split ends.

1.Nexxus Daily Shampoo Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance/Parfum, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cocamide MEA, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Polyquaternium-28, PVM/MA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cocos Nucifera, Keratin Amino Acids, Propylene Glycol, Jasminum Officinale, Citric Acid

As you can see the ingredients are synthetic. Barely has any beneficial and effective agents in it. Some of them are very harmful and toxic as well.

My experience with the Nexxus Pro-Mend Shampoo:

This shampoo didn't work for me. The main function of a shampoo is to clean the hair, thus we can't expect some radical changes in our hair. That's true. But this is why is a scam and a big lie when manufacturers make it sound better than it is.

My hair wasn't silky and smooth after using this shampoo, my split ends didn't bind together and I didn't see an improvement in the looks of my hair at all. And top of that after my hair was washed it became so static, that I couldn't even brush my hair. It didn't make my hair dry where I have my healthy parts (roots until my neck), but where my hair is damaged, this shampoo made is worse. Did my hair look like freshly cut as the advertisement says? No. Do I recommend it to others? No. The only positive thing is the smell (although many people don't like it when I read reviews about it), because it smells like coconut.

So what did I do at the end to get rid off my split ends? I went to the hairdresser and cut my hair...

2. Nexxus Daily Conditioner ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG-3-Benzyl Ether Myristate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polyquaternium-28, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Aspartic Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Fragrance/Parfum, Propylene GlycolDicaprylate/Dicaprate , DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Disodium EDTA, Soidum Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Cocos Nucifera, Keratin Amino Acids, Jasminum Officinale, Citric Acid

The ingredients are almost identical to the shampoo. What can I say? Terrible. Synthetic and harmful. Top of that it didn't do what it claims. Oh and I remember when I used this conditioner I always had eczema on my back. My hair and my split ends stayed dried and it weighed my hair down. I could put the whole bottle on my hair, the result was the same: limp, dull, tangled, dry hair with split ends. I noticed one interesting thing: even in the summer the consistency of the conditioner got very hard and gluey. The smell was nice (coconut). I really thought I will see some improvement, even though I know nothing really can fix completely split ends, but scissors. But my hair just felt like straw. It didn't reduce the appearance of the split ends at all.

Summary:

I don't like the shampoo nor the conditioner. They don't have any real benefits that actually help to reach nice, silky hair or reduce split ends. The ingredients are horrible, everything is so synthetic, it gives you that feeling like you use plastic. I don't recommend it.

I am not affiliated with the company. These are my opinions which completely honest and based on my own experience and knowledge. My statements are merely mine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...