Thursday, March 22, 2012

Product Review: Cetaphil Eczema Lotion

Cetaphil has so much hype. Thousands of women rave about it and swear this is the best product ever. As an eczema sufferer I wanted to try out to see if those claims are true or not.

Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene glycol, Sorbitol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide PEG-15 disulfate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Niacinamide, Sodium PCA, Ceteareth-20, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate

My personal experience with this Cetaphil lotion:

It was pricy, but I said it's worth the money if it works.

Well, it didn't. For me at least.

So I used it for months and I was waiting for the miracle. It wasn't moisturizing my skin at all, it didn't help for my eczema and a very frustrating thing about it was when I shaved my legs and I applied the lotion, it was burning so much that I had to wash it off. This was a very interesting experience, since this lotion is for eczema, so I didn't expect a burning feeling.

My opinion:

There are too many ingredients in this lotion that can cause skin problems and give us the opposite result what we want. I believe it has made from doubtful ingredients which are not even effective or a long term. I don't think it's worth the price.

I don't like when I see "Dermatologist Recommended" claim on a product, because it's not a guarantee for a safe product.

Every time when I used this lotion I experienced a painful burning on my skin, you know when you dry shave.

It's "dermatologist recommended" to who and by who?

I believe that companies can use doctors for money. In exchange, the doctor agrees to say the product is "Dermatologist Recommended".

And there are some ingredients which I found harmful to the health. Even if there are some good ones in it, the bad and synthetic ingredients kill their benefits.

The best what you can do for your health is always check the ingredients and avoid those products that contain harmful ingredients. Switch to natural.

I am not affiliated with this company. I purchased this product myself for personal use unless otherwise noted. My opinion is completely honest and based on my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...