Thursday, May 17, 2012

Product review- Dove go fresh Revive Body Wash

Dove campaign for real beauty is a very nice mission. In their commercial they always show real women and not models that gives us a positive feeling. 

Besides, Dove wants us to accept ourselves as we are and it's inspiring. They try to build our self-esteem that makes them different from other big companies.

But I don't find their products as good as their mission and unfortunately they are not different than other brands which use harmful synthetic ingredients...

Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Sodium Lauryl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauric Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Parfum /Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Lauryl Alcohol, Tallow Acid, Sodium Chloride (table salt), Palmitic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltimonium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), CI 17200 (Red 33), Titanium dioxide (CI 77891)

My personal experience with this body wash:

I got eczema from it. It has so many harsh chemicals in it, so I wasn't even surprised. It dryes out the skin (at least mine). It smells really good (I love fruit smells) and you can smell it later on too, but my eczema stays on me as well and it's not fun.

My opinion:

As you can see this body wash is nothing, but synthetic. I don't say synthetic is bad, but when a product is 98-99% of synthetic and it's also harmful, then I am not happy.

Why don't they do better, quality, natural products instead of spending money on marketing? How can I follow and support a company if their products contain harmful ingredients and I will have eczema in 2 seconds from their body wash? How do they think their mission will work if they don't focus on the most important thing: our health?

I can have self-confidence, but what can I do with it if I am not healthy? But to be honest, eczema doesn't give me too much confidence actually.

I am not affiliated with this company. I purchased this product myself for personal use unless otherwise noted. My opinion is completely honest and based on my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...