Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Product review - Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Here is another great, natural product from Burt's Bees. And you know what's funny? I have no idea how I got it:) Did I get it from someone as a gift or I purchased it? Good question and I think I will never get the answer, but I'm just glad that I have it.

The firts thing that made me fall in love with this balm is the fresh lemon scent. I just love it. It's pretty strong, but not sickening. You don't even have to put close to your nose and you can smell it.

It has a yellow color which makes it more lemony. The texture is hard, it's a wax-like balm, but as soon as you put it on your cuticles it becomes oily/greasy and a little bit sticky. It's moisturizing very well and leaves a shiny coat on your skin, but absorbs quickly. I know it is made for cuticles, but I also use it as a lip balm. And it works just great! It keeps the lips and the cuticles soft. But honestly, you can put on your feet too or wherever you have a cracked, dry skin.

My problem is the tin though. Looks really cute, but it's really difficult to open and I have to fight with it sometimes. So what I do is I don't close it completey, I just gently put the lid on the jar and I don't push it all the way down. Like this I can open it easily.

It really smooths dry, cracked skin around the nails, but you have to use it on a daily basis. I apply it once or twice a day. And what's the awesome thing about it? It lasts forever. I use it since last winter and it still looks like almost brand new. Oh and it fits in your purse too!:)

I highly recommend it to everyone! It's natural, effective, it smells lovely and the price is wallet friendly.

Ingredients

Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, tocopheryl acetate, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, euphorbia cerifera (candehlla) wax, beta-carotene, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), limonene

It's not vegan.

Burt's Bees Website: Burt's Bees

You can purchase it at every drug store or Wallmart.

Related article: What fingernails reveal about your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...